Dethrone Tyranny
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dethrone Tyranny

Welcome to Dethrone Tyranny!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Corrupted Blood Incident.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lor

Lor

Corrupted Blood Incident. Empty
PostSubject: Corrupted Blood Incident.   Corrupted Blood Incident. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 5:39 pm

You guys HAVE to read this!!! I couldn't stop laughing!!!!

The Corrupted Blood plague incident was one of the first events to affect entire servers. Patch 1.7 saw the opening of Zul'Gurub, the game's first 20-player raid dungeon where players faced off against a tribe of trolls under the sway of the god Hakkar the Soulflayer. Upon engaging Hakkar, players were stricken by a debuff called "Corrupted Blood" which would periodically sap their life. The disease was also passed on to other players simply by being near infected players. Originally this malady was confined within the Zul'Gurub instance but made its way into the outside world by way of hunter pets or warlock minions that contracted the disease.

Within hours Corrupted Blood had completely infected major cities because of their high player concentrations. Low-level players were killed in seconds by the high-damage disease. Eventually Blizzard fixed the issue so that the plague could not exist outside of Zul'Gurub.

The corrupted blood plague so closely resembled the outbreak of real-world epidemics that scientists are currently looking at ways MMORPGs or other massively distributed systems can model human behavior during outbreaks. The reaction of players to the plague closely resembled previously hard-to-model aspects of human behavior that may allow researchers to more accurately predict how diseases and outbreaks spread amongst a population.[77]

Wiki has a full article on it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrupted_Blood_incident
Back to top Go down
Grekther

Grekther

PostSubject: Re: Corrupted Blood Incident.   Corrupted Blood Incident. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 7:42 pm

I remember that, and it made the news lolololol
Back to top Go down
Chinedow

Chinedow

PostSubject: Re: Corrupted Blood Incident.   Corrupted Blood Incident. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 8:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiEFR1Y3fm8&feature=related

Clip from Youtube about an outbreak in the game. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elisheba

Elisheba

PostSubject: Re: Corrupted Blood Incident.   Corrupted Blood Incident. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:24 pm

I remember logging onto my priest and trying to keep myself alive. There were corpses all over the major cities, Org was like a graveyard... it was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corrupted Blood Incident.   Corrupted Blood Incident. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corrupted Blood Incident.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dethrone Tyranny :: General Chat :: Off-topic-
Jump to: